314-205-8600 or 888-BJC-HOME
The Secure Steps program, offered through BJC Home Care Services:
- Identifies risks in the home that might cause a fall
- Maximizes safety
- Promotes independence
- Decreases hospitalizations
- Works with the patient to improve balance and strength
- Provides suggestions and tips to increase safety while doing daily activities such as bathing, walking or standing
Secure Steps helps those with:
- A decline in sensation
- A decline in vision
- Difficulty bathing
- Fear of falling
- Feelings of being weak or dizzy
- History of falls
- Lapses in memory
- Limited mobility
- Safety concerns
Secure Steps provides:
- A team of physical therapists, occupational therapists, registered nurses and social workers
- Balance screening
- Cognitive evaluation and treatment
- Education for the patient and the caregiver
- Fall risk assessment
- Individualized in-home treatment
- Recommendations for changes in the home to increase safety
- Safety evaluation conducted in the home
- Vestibular rehabilitation
Is Secure Steps right for you?
- Are you 65 or older?
- Have you fallen in the last year?
- Do you have difficulty walking?
- Do you use your hands to help you get up out of a chair?
- Do you hold on to furniture to steady yourself as you walk?
- Do you take more than three medications?
- Is it difficult for you to bathe yourself?
If you answered “yes” to two or more of these questions, Secure Steps could be for you. Speak with your physician or call us at 314-205-8600 to discuss your options.
Secure Steps is covered by Medicare under home care criteria and most private insurance companies. A physician referral is required.