Daily high-tech care in your home
314-205-8600 or 888-BJC-HOME
BJC Home Care Services makes available to patients an innovative in home health-monitoring system. The HomMed Telemonitoring System collects patients' vital signs daily and transmits the information wirelessly to BJC Home Care Services registered nurses at a Monitoring Center, who review it immediately.
The technology lets patients receive daily medical attention in their homes, allowing families peace of mind and patients independence between home-care visits.
A small table-top unit monitors:
- Heart rate
- Blood pressure
- Blood oxygen levels
- Blood glucose monitoring available
How the unit works
Each day the unit notifies the patient to take his or her vital signs, using a friendly voice to guide the patient through the simple procedures. If any part of the data is different than normal, an alert is sent immediately to the Monitoring Center and the patient and his or her physician is called. The stored data shows trends ranging from one week to six months and longer. Users also can check their vitals throughout the day with immediate feedback without transmitting the results to the Center.
The unit’s standard languages include English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, French Canadian, Russian, Polish, Armenian, Welsh and Hindi and Urdu.
- Medical irregularities are detected before they become problems.
- Patients become more aware of their condition and how diet, activity and other factors affect their medical state.
- Patients save time, eliminate the expense of travel to a doctor's office, and reduce their health care costs.
- The unit provides a sense of security for family members who can’t always be there.
Who would benefit from in-home monitoring?
A Person who has:
- Recent hospitalizations or ER visits
- Any type of condition that requires frequent monitoring of the patient’s health status
- A history of poor compliance with diet, medications or self monitoring
To order the HomMed monitor, call 314-747-8600.