314-747-8600 or toll free 888-BJC-HOME
To assist physicians in the care of patients with diabetes, BJC Home Care Services has a diabetes management program to provide care for patients recently released from the hospital or dealing with serious issues with their disease.
- Education on managing their disease effectively
- Dietary and nutritional counseling
- Assistance with medication management
- Rehabilitation to restore endurance and strength
- The option of the HomMed in-home telemonitoring system. This allows patients to send blood glucose readings directly to a BJC Home Care nurse. It also allows the patient to see the cause and effect of diet and medication on their condition.
Clinicians follow an evidence-based clinical pathway identified by the ADA for successful self-care management.
Patients to refer:
- Have recently been hospitalized or visited the emergency room for diabetes or diabetes-related condition
- Present for an office visit with poorly controlled glucose readings
- Have difficulty in attaining the desired HbA1C
- Have conditions that impact the diabetes treatment plan