Patients requiring intravenous (IV) medication can receive their IV therapy at home. The infusion team works closely with the physician, patient and caregiver to provide drug therapies and support to help patients resume normal activities sooner and with fewer restrictions. Home infusion treatments have proven to be safe, effective and less costly than inpatient care.
Our home infusion team includes pharmacists, registered dietitians and registered nurses who are PICC and chemotherapy trained for home infusion and nutritional therapies. BJC Home Infusion is accredited by the Joint Commission.
The Infusion Team:
- Assesses the patient in the home and provides drug administration monitoring.
- Uses the most advanced infusion therapy technology.
- Educates and trains the patient and caregiver about the therapy.
- Provides 24-hour on-call nursing services and pharmacy.
- Coordinates all professional services, including nutritional assessments and laboratory procedures.
- Provides specific therapies in our infusion suites.
Drug Therapies & Services
- Growth hormone
- Hydration therapy
- Line care and supplies
Nebulized antibiotic solutions
Nebulized bronchodilator solution
- Pain management
- Total parenteral nutrition (TPN)